- of -
SYDENHAM CRICKET CLUB (INCORPORATED)
1 . NAME
The name of the Club shall be the "SYDENHAM CRICKET CLUB (INCORPORATED)" (hereinafter referred to as "the Club")
The colours of the Club shall be Cardinal and Blue.
The Objects for which the Club is established are:
- To take over the assets, effects and liabilities of the existing unregistered club known as the Sydenham Cricket Club
- To provide cricket for its members and for that purpose to arrange either by leasing, renting or purchasing suitable playing areas and pavilion accommodation
- To do all such other acts, deeds or things as shall be incidental to the attainment of the foregoing objects or which in the opinion of the Management Committee (hereinafter referred to as "the Committee") shall be in the interests of the Club and its members
- The several persons whose sıgnatures appear ın the application for incorporation of the Club together with all members of the heretofore existing unregistered club shall be the first members of the Club
- Any person desiring to become a member of the Club shall forward to the Secretary a signed application for membership in the form prescribed by the Committee. Such application shall be placed before the next succeeding meeting of the Committee and on being approved by a majority of those present the applicant shall thereupon become a member of the Club
- A member shall cease to be a member: -
- If he or she dies or voluntarily resigns from membership by notice in writing to the Secretary to that effect PROVIDED THAT the Committee shall not be obliged to accept such voluntary resignation if the annual subscription of any such member is in arrear; or
- If the annual subscription of such member is in arrear and unpaid for more than three months from the due date thereof unless the Committee in its discretion shall have extended the time for payment in the case of any particular member or members.
- The Club shall have power at any General Meeting on the recommendation of the Committee to elect Life Members and Honorary Members on such conditions as the Club in Annual General Meeting shall from time to time decide. Such members shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership but Honorary Members not otherwise being members shall have no voting powers at General Meetings.
At the first Annual General Meeting of the Club and at every such meeting thereafter there shall be elected or appointed the following Officers: -
- Immediate Past President
- Two Vice-Presidents
- Club Captain
- Deputy Club Captain
- Honorary Secretary
- Honorary Assistant Secretary
- Honorary Treasurer
- No less than seven and not more than 12 other members of the Club including at least one female member for (but not necessarily from) each womens team representing the Club.
The affairs of the Club shall be conducted by a Committee consisting of the Officers elected or appointed in accordance with the provisions of Rule 5 all of whom shall hold office except in the case of death or resignation until the election or appointment as the case may be of successors. Life Members shall be entitled to attend any meeting of the Committee. A Committee Member who shall be absent without leave from three consecutive meetings shall be deemed to have resigned his or her office. Seven Members present at a committee Meeting shall form a quorum. The Committee shall elect its own Chairperson who shall preside at all Committee Meetings but in the event of his or her not being present some other member of the Committee shall be appointed to act in his or her absence. The Chairperson shall have a casting vote as well as a deliberative vote. The Committee shall have power:
- To fill any vacancy on the Committee.
- To carry out the objects of the Club
- To use the funds of the Club in such manner as the Committee shall determine in carrying out the objects of the Club or any of them
- To appoint Selectors and Subcommittees and Delegates to other Clubs or Bodies to which the Club is affiliated
- To enquire into the conduct of any member and if the Committee is of the opinion that such conduct ls prejudicial to the interests of the Club after hearing any explanation offered by the member the Committee may expel him or her from the Club.
- To generally manage and conduct the affairs of the Club and to do all acts, deeds and things which the Club is expressly or impliedly empowered to do.
7. GENERAL MEETING
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held in every year prior to the Annual General Meeting of the Canterbury Cricket Association (Incorporated) and upon a date and at a time and place to be fixed by the Committee. At this meeting the Committee shall present for adoption its Report and the Treasurer shall present for adoption a duly audited Statement of Income and Expenditure and Balance Sheet for the year.
- The Committee may call a Special General Meeting at any time or lt shall be convened by the Secretary with in 21 days from the receipt by him or her of a requisition signed by not less than 5 members of the Club and setting out the purpose of the meeting.
- Fourteen (14) clear days' notice specifying the place, date and hour and purpose of any General Meeting shall be given either by advertisement ın any newspaper published in Christchurch or by postlng such notice through the ordinary course of post to each member at his or her last known address in New Zealand.
- At all General Meetings the President or in his absence a Vice-Presldent or in their absence a member appointed by the meeting shall take the chair and every member present personally with the exception of Honorary Members not otherwise being members shall be entitled to one vote. The Chairman shall have a casting vote as well as a deliberative vote. Voting shall be on the voices, provided that any Chairperson or member may demand a show of hands, or that any member may request and the Chairperson may order a ballot to be taken. Fifteen (15) members present shall form a quorum provided that if within 15 minutes of the time fixed for any such meeting there are insufficient members present to form a quorum the meeting shall be adjourned for one week to the same time and place and the members actually present at such adjourned meeting shall form a quorum notwithstanding that there be less than 15 members present. No notice need be given of such adjourned meeting.
8. ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION
The amount of the annual subscription and the classes thereof shall be determined at the Annual General Meeting ın each year and the annual subscription shall be payable not later than the 31st day of October of such year PROVIDED THAT and subject to clause 4 (iii) (b) the Committee shall have the discretion to take such action as it thinks fit in respect of any member where that member's subscription is in arrear.
9 . CLUB FUNDS AND ACCOUNTS
- All moneys received by or on behalf of the Club shall forthwith be paid to the credit of the Club at such Bank as may from time to time be decided by the Committee and such account shall be operated on by the Treasurer and such other members as the Committee shall appoint.
- The accounts of the Club for each financial year ending on the 31st day of May shall be audited by an auditor appolnted at the Annual General Meeting held at the close of the previous financial year.
10 . BORROWING POWERS
The Club may borrow such sums of money for such purposes and on such security as the Committee shall think fit
The Committee shall from time to time have power to make bylaws and to alter or rescind them as occasion may require for the regulation and carrying out of the affairs of the Club.
12. ALTERATION TO RULES
These Rules may be altered, added to, rescinded or otherwise amended by a resolution passed by a three-fifths majority of those present at a General Meeting of which fourteen days notice shall have been given, and such notice shall set forth the proposed alteration, addition, rescission or other amendment.
13. COMMON SEAL
The Club shall have a Common Seal which shall be approved by the Committee and which shall be retained in the custody of the Secretary. The Common Seal shall be affixed only to any deed or instrument pursuant to a Resolution of the Committee and shall be so affixed in the presence of any two Members of the Committee who shall at the same time sign the document to which the Seal is so affixed.
If at any General Meeting a Resolution for the dissolution of the Club shall be passed by a three-fifths majority of the members present and such Resolution shall at a Special General Meeting held not less than one month thereafter at which not less than one-half of the members shall be present be confirmed by a resolution passed by a majority of the members voting thereon, the Committee shall thereupon or at such future date as shall be specified in such Resolution proceed to realise the property of the Club and after the discharge of all liabilities shall dispose of the surplus in such manner as shall be decided at the Special General Meeting.